3 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium yellow onion
4 large cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons minced ginger
1 teaspoon garam masala
2 teaspoons curry powder
½ teaspoon ground coriander
1 small pinch cayenne pepper
1 (14.5-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup light coconut milk
2 packed cups finely chopped kale leaves (about ½ bunch)
salt and pepper to taste
lemon juice to taste
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and a pinch of salt and cook for 7 minutes, or until it begins to soften. Add garlic, ginger, and spices and cook for another 2 minutes.
2. Add chickpeas, stock, and coconut milk and bring the mixture to a boil.
3. Reduce to a simmer and cook gently for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
4. Add the kale and another pinch of salt and simmer gently for 10 more minutes.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper and finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice just before serving.
About Trainer Joe
Trainer Joe is a 23 year experienced fitness and mindset expert. Joe has been considered top of his field in the fitness industry because of his amazing resume and extensive knowledge of how the human body responds to exercise stimulation. A ground breaking self help presenter, Joe can appeal to the logical, emotional, and scientific aspects of any mind, regardless of the students background or knowledge base.